Why are big breakthroughs in learning now possible? Click here to find out.About the 1 Minute Learner Jim Klaas is a learning coach, author, and the founder of DevEd International, a firm specializing in innovative learning solutions and international development. Find out more at devedinternational.net
Thomas Friedman said that “Big breakthroughs happen when what is suddenly possible meets what is desperately necessary“.
Here are 5 reasons why we are living in a timer of big breakthroughs in learning:
- We can now deliver real choices to learners who can manage their own journey. These are not multiple choice options, but complex self-directed possibilities.
- A world-wide seamless collaboration is doable as never before. Geography matters less and less.
- We now have tools to scale-up quicker while still maintaining quality feedback. Especially if we can give control to the learner.
- People have increasing worldwide access to bandwidth and mobile devices. They pay for it, and maintain it so the infrastructure is in place.
- There is a hunger for change in learning. People are craving experiences and not just information. They are tired of being managed and want to take action